Wimbledon is coming – enjoy the matches with some tennis themed treats
This year, the Wimbledon Tennis Grand Slam will take place from June 27 through July 10 at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London.
Did you know that Wimbledon is best associated with two treats: Pimm’s No. One cup, a lemony drink with gin and fruit, and strawberries and cream. More than 303,277 glasses of Pimm’s and 166,055 servings of strawberries and cream are typically served at the tournament.
This summer we’ve got a delicious recipe to boost your Wimbledon mood. Watch some of the world’s best tennis players while enjoying delicious summery Tennis ball cupcakes!
Get everything you need for your summer treats from Citymarket Sello in Leppävaara! By doing your shopping at Citymarket Sello you will be supporting our top Finnish tennis players and kids’ tennis. Becoming a supporter is easy, simply:
- Go to https://plussa.fi/k-plussa/kannata-ja-kerryta
- Log in with your Plussa card ID
- Become a supporter and enter the registration code: SP0877
- Go shopping at Citymarket Sello and use your Plussa card
Learn more about the “Kannata & Kerrytä” campaign https://hvstennis.fi/kannatakerryta/
Tennis ball peach cupcakes
Ingredients (12 cupcakes)
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 100g self-raising flour
- 75g (3oz) tinned finely chopped peaches
- 150g butter
- 275g icing sugar and 5 tablespoons extra for piping
- few drops of yellow food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Use a 12-hole muffin tray. Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric whisk until fluffy and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs and mix in the flour and peaches.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool.
- Make the icing by beating the butter until fluffy. Then add the icing sugar and mix until smooth. Add in the food colouring until it’s bright yellow.
- When the cakes are completely cool, put the buttercream onto until the top is completely covered and as smooth.
- Allow the cakes to set for 5-10 minutes while you mix the remaining 5 tablespoons of icing sugar with a little water until it is a piping consistency. Put into a piping bag with a small nozzle and pipe two semi-circles onto the cakes so they look like tennis balls.